Residential Roofing & Repair
At Legacy, we specialize in residential roofing projects for the Edmonton area.
We understand that your home is your most valuable asset. Choosing the right roof, if you need a new one, and keeping your existing roof maintained enhance the value of your home while protecting the structure and your valuables inside.
- New and replacement roofs – Over time, roofs wear out. Exposure to the elements and storms can cause damage that can’t be seen, but can result in leaks. New materials offer extended life, energy savings and increase the value of your home.
- Roof repairs – Hail, hurricanes, heavy rain, and ice can damage your roof, leaving your home vulnerable to leaks. It’s important to repair the damage as soon as possible. At Legacy, we can repair your roof and will work to make it look like new. We work with your insurance company once repairs have been approved, so you don’t have to.
- Architectural roofing - Is your roof an architectural feature of your home? We work with specialty roofing features such as simulated wood shakes and slate tiles, rounded shingles, hip and ridge edging.
- New construction – We work with homeowners, contractors and developers on new construction to install energy-efficient, weather-resistant, attractive roofs.
- Roof restoration - Protect your roof with specialty coatings to extend its life by weatherproofing and reinforcing the seals at seams. This is often used for architectural roofing.
Residential Roof Construction
Homeowners looking to build a new home can trust Legacy Exteriors and Roofing. With over many years of experience in the roofing industry, we have extensive experience building roofs for new residential construction. We work directly with homeowners and contractors for single construction projects and have the capabilities to manage the requirements for developers building multiple properties.
New Roofing Options
- Detailed, expert cost estimates and schedules. All estimates are free.
- Top quality metal roofing and composite shingles
- Wide range of styles and colors, including specialty architectural shingles.
- Industry-leading warranties
- Project management to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of the project
Are you looking for ideas for your new roof? Check out our photo gallery to see other Houston-area roofs we have built. For questions about your roofing project, give us a call.
Legacy Exteriors and Roofing is family owned and operated, and is proud to have earned the reputation as a top residential roof construction contractor for the greater Edmonton area. We have the expertise and capabilities to handle your roofing project, whether it is a single or multi-home project.
Edmonton Storm Damage Roof Repair
Storms are common in the Edmonton area, especially during tornado season. In addition to heavy rains, storms can also bring hail, high winds and even ice, all of which can cause damage to your roof. Storm damage needs to be repaired quickly to prevent additional damage to your roof and your home. At Legacy Exteriors and Roofing, we repair roofs damaged from hail and other storm conditions. We will work with you to make sure that your roof looks like new after a storm.
Your insurance company will cover catastrophes and storm related damage. At Legacy, we work with your insurance company after repairs are approved so you don't have to.
Is Your Roof Showing Signs of Damage?
Signs of roof damage include:
- Missing, loose or dented shingles
- Granule loss on your shingles
- Damaged seals from ice dams
- Missing portions of the roof
Roof Repair Services
Legacy Exteriors and Roofing is able to offer the following with our storm damage roof repair services:
- Perform a complete inspection of your roof
- Provide a detailed report of the damage and an estimate of the repair costs
- Repairs using top quality materials, matching roof shingles as closely as possible
- Work with your insurance company once the repairs have been approved
Do I need to fix my roof right away?
We recommend fixing your roof as soon as possible. When singles are damaged, your roof is exposed to the elements, including UV sunlight and water from future storms. If you leave your roof un-repaired, you risk future leaks and damage to the interior of your home. At Legacy, you can call us 24/7 to set up a time for a contractor to inspect your home.
Roof Replacement Service
At Legacy Exteriors and Roofing, we understand that your roof is a big investment. A roof is so much more than just shingles - as part of a larger system, it protects you, your family and your belongings from the elements. Legacy installs replacement roofs using high-quality roofing brands to ensure that your roof lasts as long as possible.
When is it time to replace my roof?
There are many signs that your roof needs to be replaced. Some of the most common things we see include:
- Shingle Damage: Shingles are an essential part of your roofing system. When shingles become curled at the edges, cracked or begin to buckle, it may be time to have your roof replaced. Missing shingles are also a good sign that replacement is necessary.
- Shingle staining: Dark stains on your roof can be an indication of algae growing on your roof. Moss growth, mildew and mold on your shingles may also indicate damage.
- Age: Most roofs are designed to last 20-25 years. If your roof is two decades old, we recommend that you consider replacement.
- Granules: The granules on your shingles are designed to protect your roof. When you start see granules falling off into your gutter, it may be time to replace.
- Interior Damage: If your roof is already leaking, you may see damage to your attic, ceiling or walls. Sometimes we also see blistering or peeling paint on the exterior of your house, also caused by leaking.
- Energy Costs: If you notice that your energy bills are going up, your roof may not be well-insulated. Legacy can install an energy-efficient roof to reduce these costs.
- Roof valleys: If unrepaired, rain, hail and other precipitation can flow through the valleys of your roof. If you notice damage in this area, we recommend a replacement roof.
- Chimney flashing: It is best for chimney flashing to be made of metal flashing rather than tar or cement. If you have cement or tar, we recommend that you replace your roof.
When your roof is damaged by a storm, you are entitled to insurance compensation. Working with your insurance company can be stressful, involving paperwork and meeting with an adjuster. Legacy Exteriors and Roofing has many years of experience working with insurance companies. We will inspect your roof, providing a free estimate of all damages, which we share with your adjuster. We help expedite your claim by following all insurance guidelines and meeting with your adjuster on-site. We are happy to handle this so that you can focus on repairing all damage to your home.
As a reputable Edmonton-area contractor, we make sure that this is done properly. Watch out for “storm chasers” – these people call themselves “roofing experts” and come to your town following a big storm. Storm chasers take advantage of homeowners who are dealing with the stress of a damaged home. Don’t let yourself fall victim – get a free estimate today from Legacy Exteriors and Roofing, an expert with experience in the Edmonton area.
Even if you are simply looking to redesign your roof, we can customize your roof to fit your lifestyle and tastes, offering both metal and shingle replacement roofs. As a family-run business, we take pride in our customer service and will work to help you understand all aspects of your roof replacement. We offer free estimates so that you can select the best option for your roof, whether this is a repair or a full replacement.
Legacy offers quality home repair and renovation services including but not limited to roof, siding, gutter, eavestrough, bathroom, basement,
floor, window, and door repairs and installs. We serve the proud communities of Sherwood Park, St Albert,
Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Beaumont, Edmonton, and surrounding areas.